Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"My Morning Coffee"

            Beep, beep, beep. The alarm screams at me. It is way too early to be up on a Friday for me. I roll out of the safety of my warm blankets and my bare feet hit the freezing cold tile. I instantly head to the coffee pot. The container lid comes off easily in my hands and instantly the deep smell of coffee fills my nose. I get the water from the sink in my bathroom. The cold water rolls down the sides of the pot and drops unexpectedly on my feet. I pour the grounds into the filter and wait.
            The room begins to smell of coffee. I hear the cleaning ladies in the hallway chattering and preparing for their day. Somewhere down the hall a toilet flushes. I hear a door slam shut. I look over at my coffee pot and see that the coffee is ready. I pour the first cup of the day and doctor it with half and half. I watch as the deep dark coffee swirls with the milk white half and half making a lovely creamy caramel color. The mug is warm in my hands. The warmth reminds me of my warm bed and how safe I feel there. I take the first sip. The bold flavor of Colombian coffee fills my mouth. Today is going to be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment