Friday, October 15, 2010

An Introduction....

Hello all!

I recently moved from a teeny tiny town in Middle Tn to the massive and vastly different city of Memphis Tn. I left my happy life of tractor pulls, cute redneck drawls, and drinking beer around a bonfire for this. Yes, I realize "What the HELL was I thinking!" But memphis isn't all bad. I discovered that I love that this city never sleeps and at 4 am I can go out and get groceries if need be... I also descovered who I am...

I come from a long line of racist assholes. That loathe and make fun of anybody and everybody that is in anyway different from them. I was never like this but when you live with a group of people for almost 17 years it kinda rubs off on you. So when i came to Memphis i was prepared to be a racist asshole cause I thought that's what Memphians would expect from a little white girl from BFE.

So.... I was wrong. The first friends i made were three black girls that still to this day rock my world! I love them to death and they made me realize that my family is stuck believing in a stereotype. My black friends don't rob banks, do drugs, or get into cat fights. My girls are fun and determined to get an education so they can get out of Memphis! I am so proud of them.

The other thing i discovered is my deep love for gay people! I have met and fallen in love with so many gay people since i moved to Memphis. They are fantastic and make me realize maybe i should learn how to have their outlook on life. My gay friends mean the world to me because they don't judge me and they would never ever hurt me. My family doesn't get this. They think that just because i have gay friends whom i love i must be trying to tell them something. I'm not gay.... get over it already. I can't help it that i have learned to love and support everyone because i have no right to judge. That's all for now :D

No comments:

Post a Comment